Just regular gear

Anyone else just rocking a pedal board and an unremarkable amp? I swear I have a good sound with my Bug 5. I wouldn’t gig with it but I’d definitely record i

Google Photos
Google Photos

I drive a Vox AC4TV, almost the same amp as the Bugera V5. I love little Class A amps. My pedalboard is mostly homemade, but edge of breakup with no pedals sounds great. I usually just use a reverb, roll off the volume knob for clean, or turn on an OD for extra gain. I like to design and make pedals, but I rarely end up using them.

3 Likes

@induction OMG! I can see that you make your own pedals. How do you know what’s what? I see at least a couple sets that are pretty identical; a foot switch and two knobs, a foot switch and three knobs. Is it all placement?

I guess I just remember. So far no two have exactly identical layouts (I have 3 led colors), so I don’t get confused. They’re all prototypes, and I have a personal relationship with each of them.

I score pretty high on those online autism tests, which also feels relevant.

4 Likes

So cool! Do you have any videos or sound clips to demonstrate the various effects?

LOVE the look of those pedals!

1 Like

I have a demo of my reverb pedal that I made when I posted the project online for others to build.

FWIW, I use it in the ‘effects loop’ (aka after the dummy load, and before the slave amp) of my rig, so I can put it after the power tube distortion. I generally like my reverb after distortion, and my delays before distortion.

This demo is from several years ago, before I discovered CTC, and I was concentrating mostly on fingerstyle electric playing. There’s no shredding in the video at all. I don’t think I even used a pick.

2 Likes