Killer 80s Solo

So i just randomly heard this song on spotify last night. Was wondering if anyone would be able to tab the solo since i cant dedicate lots of time to learning it by ear. The original song has a sax solo and i cant find a youtube link of this cover. I uploaded a screenshot of the spotify info hopefully someone can help. Its called “Waiting for a Star to Fall,” off this At the Movies album. Solo begins at 3:14

Actually i think a found the band covering the song

Waiting for a star to fall, and carry your heart into my arms that’s you belong in my arms baby yeah!!

Man they still play that song all the time in fill up stations and grocery stores.

1 Like

the original song with the sax solo is awesome too. If you have spotify, this group “At the Movies” has a couple compilation albums of hit cover pop songs from 80s and 90s. Great musicianship. But the solo in this song is so flashy and cool

See if you can take the tuner pitched app on android, slow the song to 50% speed. see if the tuner can pick up the notes of the solo. it might not catch them all, but this is a good trick i use. then slow even further to 25% using another app if you see it kinda works, this way you can learn to play with it to learn the rhythm. tabbing it out is just going to confuse you, when you hear it, and mimic it is where you will really understand the flow. Or rip the song off YouTube using one of those sites, then take it into audacity to slow tempo or use this https://app.musicspeedchanger.com/, these seem to have a slightly smoother sound compared to the artifacted sound that YouTube slow down gives you. I for one cannot stand YouTube slow down although I am a bit pleased they finally offer a 5% increment option on the PC/Laptop side of their platform. And since you have him playing it on video it should be rather easy.

haha i could write you a cool yngwie’ish economy ascended lick to really rip through that would sound nice.

1 Like

You just reminded me I have the amazing slow downer app on my iPhone I can use ! Totally forgot about it