Li-sa-X tearing it up on Instagram

I’m sure most of us here are aware of her, going back to her days as a little kid blowing through Racer X’s “Scarified” while playing a guitar almost as big as she was. Unlike many child prodigies, she’s continued to improve into her adult years, and I think her raw technical ability now exceeds many famous shredders. I think she’s well on her way to becoming the GOAT of shred guitar.

I love how she cleanly and effortlessly blows through this piece with an infectious smile on her face. She always looks like she’s having tremendous fun playing.

3 Likes

Li-sa-X is awesome, without doubt! I also am a fan of Tina S, and many other young performers! But the question is, what happens when they’re no longer child prodigies, but adults? Can they make the transition to having an adult band and hopefully making a comfortable living in music?

1 Like

After a seven year absence—when many were speculating over her whereabouts—Tina S has finally started publicly performing again with her new band, Spin Twice. I can’t say I’m a fan of that kind of rock music, which I find to be kind of generic, but I’m glad she’s back out there at it. Many feared she’d died because of how strange her disappearance was—a talented guitarist regularly getting many millions of views on her YT channel suddenly stops posting across all her social media accounts. Usually that kind of thing heralds bad news.

Li-sa-X just celebrated her 19th birthday, so she’s officially been an adult for a while. I think she has a better shot and making a living doing it, because rocking guitar is still popular in Japan, and her band KOIAI seems to be doing well. Plus she has a bubbly personality that works well in this day and age of social media.

1 Like

Another cool Lady though not really a shredder…

1 Like

There are so many astonishingly good players out there, here is one that I recently discovered:

2 Likes

I do think it’s fitting that after melting faces on 6 strings when she had child-sized hands, Li-sa-X is now tearing it up on 7 strings.

1 Like

I just watched two KOIAI videos and I must really give them credit, they throttle back their massive guitar powers and sound nice and commercial… and they even let some guy play bass, as they apparently don’t care much about it (yet).

2 Likes