Lightly supinated Technical Difficulties

How would Andy Wood play technical difficulties?

I’m stuck at a local maximum where I have two incompatible motions (they require different pick points, causing the pick to rotate) for the palm muted quarter notes and the fast sixes.

The fast sixes is in my normal technique, in the Andy Wood style, so I’d like to keep that and try to change how I play the palm muted quarter notes. The thing that’s giving me grief is the muting. If the D string wasn’t involved I could probably anchor quite comfortably on the body like this:

By playing the E, A and D strings, though, the on/off bridge, in combination with the muting, is making life difficult!

Where would AW anchor and what part of his body would mute the strings playing the very first section of Technical Difficulties? I realize he might use another complementary motion mechanic, but I could use a clue as to where to look :smiley:

The notion of complementary motion mechanics might be a good idea for the pickipedia, btw. E.g. you’re going to have an obviously bad time if you try combine Molly Tuttle style crosspicking and gypsy style USX for fast lines, but other combination are incompatible in more subtle ways.