Link from the forum to main site

Hi there :slightly_smiling_face:

A very minor detail I have thought about:

I have always found it weird that sites let you take a shortcut (link) from the main website, in this case troygrady.com, to the forum, but not the other way around. Rarely do I see an option when being on forums to return to the main site. I have to enter the URL again in order to do so. Am I the only one?

Have a great day, everyone! :blush:

1 Like

The ā€œMember Dashboardā€ link more or less takes you to what youā€™d see on the front page of troygrady.com, I think?

If youā€™re on mobile itā€™s the house incon on the top of the screen. Are you seeing that?

The forum is indeed a totally separate piece of software running on a whole different machine. Iā€™d love if it were more seamlessly integrated but some of these UI issues are the way they are without major surgery to the code.

Oh wow, thatā€™s embarrassing haha.

That button looks really bugged for me though, so I never used it. Iā€™m on Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit) if thatā€™s any help.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m seeing:

No, itā€™s great as is, I had simply overlooked that button :upside_down_face:

Iā€™ve still used the button, but it has the same wonky appearance for me (Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit). Iā€™d become blind to the wonkiness until you reminded me. :smiley:

Now that I know it has a purpose, I might get there soon as well :grin:

Weā€™ll take a look at the code and see if we can figure out why itā€™s doing that.

Hey, I believe Iā€™ve fixed this. Not sure why it was wonky just in Firefoxā€¦getting everything looking consistent across browsers can be a PITA but at least always deepens my respect for the bajillion layers of code it takes to display anything on the internet! Let us know if anything still looks odd :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking fixed at my end.

Itā€™s beautiful, Brendan!

2 Likes