Linking unlisted videos on youtube

Hey guys

just wondering, I want to post some videos of my technique for critique. Ive got a youtube channel that i don’t want to clog up with videos of my technique so i was wondering if i set the privacy to unlisted but posted the link on here would they show up?

thanks guys

2 Likes

Yep, that should work! Just paste in the URL on its own line and it should auto-embed nicely here on the forum. In general I think “unlisted YouTube” is the simplest way we’ve found to share a video semi-privately like this.

3 Likes

thanks @Brendan i shall get filming now with my make shift magnet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, it works. I post my videos that way for the same reason :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Vimeo for my technique videos because they suck and I can easily hide them. lol. Youtube has all kinds of algorithms that determine your frequency of being in “recommended videos” screens. These are related to your latest upload’s performance somehow. If it’s a channel you are seriously trying to GROW, It may not be good to host unlisted videos there.

YouTube is forever changing and you are pretty much dealing with AI algorithms that are triggered by the stupidest crap.

Just my 2 cents. What I say here may not matter now. I’m just superstitious about the “recommended video” algorithm.

1 Like