Long Time Lurker, Back For Another Swing!

Hey there, everyone! Previous subscriber here, stopped a while back due to time, new job that sort of thing. Was struggling to make headway without the time to spend.

I’m going through the pickslanting primer videos and lurking the forums again.

Love the guitar, and making music. Been playing casually since my later teenage years, so maybe almost a couple decades now. Wanted to shred like the greats when I was younger (guess I still do!) CTCs technical approach to analyzing excellent players and the physical mechanisms behind them was awesome to see and study.

Music wise besides the obvious virtuousic guitar stuff most people here probably like, I enjoy Björk, Susanne Sundfør, Danny Elfman, Japanese Rock (like Gackt), Dubstep like Skrillex, Virtual Riot,
More Guitar Centered: Periphery, Deftones, Vildhjarta, Polyphia, Poppy, Coheed and Cambria, MCR

Just got back to it again, and want to give it a shot and find out what works for me.

Just yesterday I made an ok-ish DIY Guitar Magnet solution to observe my picking motion a bit better, so I can see what I’m doing.
Looks like when I tremolo naturally it’s more of a shallow DSX, UWPS from the curriculum I’ve watched, compared to the habits of string hopping I do normally on slower tempo scaler stuff currently.

Excited to see if I can harness that into my regular playing motions and play some of the stuff I’ve always wanted to but never really been able to.

Learning progress:
While I’ve spent time on technique the whole time I’ve been playing guitar, it’s all pretty much self taught outside of the CTC.
CTC Material: All the youtube stuff.
Pickslanting Primer up to: Forearm-Wrist Motion Section
Scales: 150 BPM 8th Note Triplets, 105 BPM 16th Note
Stuck On: Haven’t applied my tremolo motion to scaler/melodic passages

Look forward to my journey with y’all and the community!

Thanks!

-Ele