Love to CtC and the forum

Hi all,

although I haven’t been very active on the forum lately (because I finally got a new job), I feel like I need to give some love back to the CtC team and all the great forum posters who have interacted with me and helped me over the past year.

I was in a bad place last year, being out of work for the first time in my life and also having health issues but CtC motivated me to pick up my guitar and start enjoying something in life again. I realised I had arthritis in my left hand, I guess after playing for years it just happens to some people, but that is now manageable after some good advice from people on this site (Krill oil and a healthy diet seems to be doing the job).

So, CtC really reignited my love for playing again !
I realised that there are still some techniques that I can learn and develop, to improve my vocabulary, and also I was reminded of all the great players I had forgotten about, studying their techniques has been a lot of fun. For example, I never dreamed I could play anything like Eric Johnson before, but on a good day I get close now with his descending 5s.

Still some things to sort out for me in terms of my picking techniques but my left hand seems stronger now so I hope I can move forward. Anyway I feel like my mojo is coming back now when I pick up my guitar in the evening, I just love playing guitar again !

Hopefully I’ll post something for analysis on here soon, knowing that I’ll get loads of good help from the forum is just great to know !

7 Likes

Great post! Congratulations on the job and looking forward to whatever analysis stuff you post. I always enjoyed your clips and tabs.

Rock on! :metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Glad you’re feeling a bit better!

3 Likes

Congrats on the new job! New job equals money for more gear :grin::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks all, I’m hoping that I can get that JEM I’ve always wanted… or maybe a PIA :thinking:

4 Likes

Both is the only logical answer!

2 Likes

Money = not having to worry about basic needs = better mood in general = better outlook on everything

1 Like

Yeh I agree, and I am now back in work mode and remembering how much of your life a full time job takes up.
Still, I enjoy the work most of the time, just it takes a lot of energy and as I get older I seem to have less and less energy. It’s 7pm here in the UK and I’m ready to sleep after working an 8 hour day.

1 Like