Malmsteen on True Fire

Some great playing from the man!
Black Star is very good looks like he uses DSX regularly :+1::thinking:
Thanks
Pablo

3 Likes

You talking about his new lessons?

New lessons

He is a USX player btw. Almost exclusively.

2 Likes

1:53

is really impressive to me, to legato descending so fast n clean. But where did that harmonic come from?

Looking at it i think it’s overdubbed

It is doesn’t really matter tho, I love him lol

6 Likes

You can see that on the video he does with his pinky a little too late.

Yeah, zero effs given, he’s Malmsteen, love him, no doubts about this guy, he’s given us more than anybody could ever ask.

3 Likes

Yeah we’ve seen he’s well capable to play already. Couldn’t care less if it’s overdubbed or edited together. It serves its main purpose, a visual guide to help with learning his licks!

5 Likes

Exactly! Plenty of live footage where YJM delivers excellent performances of these songs.

5 Likes

His vibrato is just incredible - I would give everything else up to have a fraction of that control haha

1 Like

yeah, this guy’s playing is truly inspiring. i don’t like to shoot videos, but i’d like to inspire people…

1 Like

I’ll never understand the Malmsteen “haters”. It’s tempting to chalk it up to jealousy, but I don’t think that is the only thing at play. Regardless, I think Yngwie is amazing, and I’d love to be able to play that well.

It’s probably his tendency to put his band to the side and have the whole stage to himself. I think a lot of fans don’t respect that. Tho I think he’s doing tounge in cheek. Hopefully lol

1 Like

Sorry - this is a little off the Truefire topic but still Yngwie related - I was just curious if anyone knows if there are any really good tabs? I know Chris Brooks has done some amazing lessons on certain Yngwie lines and just wondered if he had ever done whole songs?

There is this one:

3 Likes