Marshall Harrison livestreams

Does anyone here watch Marshall’s Friday-night livestreams on Youtube? He’s been doing them pretty consistently over the last few months at 10:00 (CST) each Friday. He uploads most of them to his channel the next day (I usually watch over my lunch hour on Saturday). Really fun to watch as he pretty much plays non-stop and answers questions for over an hour each session.

Here’s the link to his most recent:

3 Likes

lmao, this guy frickin shreds man. I wonder what he sounds like on clean channel.

1 Like

Thanks man! I love his playing, some of his lines sounds like they’re from another planet.

3 Likes

Cheers, didn’t know about this. Marshall’s technique is so effortless it’s mesmerising.

1 Like

Sorry I’m not on much guys I’ve been working. Here is Marshall talking about when Pantera pulled the prank asking Yngwie if he wanted some donuts. He is also busting on Yngwie for not playing a lick three notes per string. f—ing hilarious.

I play that lick 3 notes per string, economy picked also. I’m starting to find that me and Marshall have a lot in common. :bear:

This is old but this is how I play it

3 Likes

Sweet Jebus!

• reads Hanky’s post about how he’s unhappy with his picking
  • watches Hank melt some faces
  • throws away guitar

:astonished:

4 Likes

Listen to his CD’s. He plays a lot of Classical stuff really clean!

1 Like

I have that strange feelings that sweeping IS the normal way to do it for most people ))

CTC Graduate? :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Hey @ChrisX LOL, Actually no… Self taught :smile:

1 Like

He’s fun to watch. He’s opinionated, I don’t always agree with everything he says but it’s fun to watch him play and sometimes people ask him questions that throw him in a direction he may not have otherwise gone.

He also seems to have a huge collection of guitars, I don’t think I’ve seen him play the same guitar twice in his videos. It’s like he must make good money doing what he does.

I’d like to hear him play a song once in a while, I realize his audience is guitar dudes wanting to pick up technical tips but it would be neat to see him use all that firepower in the service of a tune or something.

I do hear he has a record out though so maybe I’ll check that out.

3 Likes

Petroleum Engineering is 6 figures easy. And he lives in Texas where housing is cheaper- I’m sure he can afford those guitars.

1 Like

Very interesting - I listened to his livestream last night and from listening to him it’s pretty obvious to me that he really wants to distance himself from competing with and being compared to “shredder guitarists”. He’d rather find a way of bringing a type of modern "classical music " using rock guitar sounds rather than putting out and being compared with shred guitarists. An admirable goal.

4 Likes

A pretty nice interview.

2 Likes

Just an FYI I’m closing this topic — noticing a lot of broken links, and the discussion’s gotten a bit off track. For any further Marshall Harrison discussion please feel free to start a new topic!