Martin Miller Moore Sixes

Hi,

I was re-watching the first Martin Miller interview. In the Moore Sixes clip he’s playing a pattern than goes UDU in the B string and and DUD in the top E string. When he switches from the B string to the E string he escapes using USX I think. But when he switches back from E string to B he doesn’t seem to escape at all. It looks like swipping, but don’t you need DSX to make swipping work in that direction? What looks weird to me is that he doesn’t seem to be using a DSX movement or a lot of edge picking? What is going on there? Is he really using DSX in the way back but I’m not spotting it? Something similar can be seen in the stacked inside Gilbert clip.

1 Like

Hey @oliversosa !

Are you referring to this clip?

Interesting, I watched it again and also think he may be hitting that high E string on the way back to the B string. But I can’t really hear it, so the result is sonically as good as it needs to be!

Yes, that clip! I can barely hear it but it seems he’s just playing through he E string. And what puzzles me is that he doesn’t seem to be using DSX there. That would be the case if he would be swipping right?

1 Like

He could be doing a fully trapped pickstroke (approximately parallel to the string plane), or a DSX / curved pickstroke that… was not DSX/curved enough to excape the strings.

I vote for the fully trapped pickstroke. In any case it sounds awesome.

1 Like