Metheny Synth Sound

I used to use a GR-55, and got several sounds out of it that I really liked. One that I used for solos was particularly satisfying. I ended up moving away from guitar synths for various reasons (tracking not being the least of it), but have been chasing that one sound almost 10 years now. I’ve tried most pedals on the market, most recently the Eventide H9 Max. The sounds I’m getting from it are glitchy and spitty, which sucks.

Any pedal suggestions?

I’m basically looking for the pedal that’s making this sound:

1 Like

Have you tried asking Marbin Music who… made that video?

No, he’s scary.

I ended up finding a very old video where he goes through his rig, and it’s the analog synth algo in the PitchFactor.

I’m still interested in other pedals you all might know of.

Electro Harmonix has a bunch of POG-based pedals that are smooth and non-glitchy. Maybe the Synth 9 or one of the others would get you there. I haven’t used them personally, so just throwing out the idea without testimony.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions!

1 Like