Michael Romeo scale lick lesson offsetting the efficient digit cycle (EDC) across the strings

Forgot to reply to this tidbit as well. 123 does work for this but when I do the run across all 6 strings usually 134 always seemed better. But if you switch up the lick or the frets then you can’t really have A as the root note.

I think about the old school jazz players, playing swing all the time in the night clubs. Swing is just bursting those 2 note chunks, and they did it, over, and over, and over, and over, night after night. No wonder they are such beasts at half rest stroke. I think it also builds that red hot speed, but over a longer period of time. That I ultimately feel is the true burst exercise swing to triplet feel. When they were warm, or feelin’ it they would burst those phrases into triplet feel from swing feel. If you don’t do any other metronome work, I would say at least remember this one for sure.

Obviously, I’d have to see it to be sure, but this sounds like an issue with positioning.

I’ll send you a PM.

It’s an absurdly powerful tool to strongly connect your movement patterns to your internal clock. It’s also an excellent diagnostic test for finding weaknesses.

1 Like