"Miraculous" in my jammies

Here’s a shutdown video I made for a recording project called STAR MATERIAL. There’s a cat in it.

Shot it while actually playing the song (not just finger syncing) with a backing track ---- which is just me playing all guitars and bass with programmed drums plus Katie singing her own back-up vocals.

I put the original recording over top for better fidelity but realized I played the solo REALLY differently in the shoot so I covered up a lot of it. Still, I like the solo and couldn’t have done it without the stuff I’ve learned here!

I also have some GREAT faces in it, even if I do say so myself.

2 Likes

Nice! I like when your unison bends melted the cat’s face off haha!

Is that a Schecter Hellraiser you’re playing? I had a 6-string Hellraiser and liked it a lot. Man I never should have just given it away to my little brother.

1 Like

it is a Hellraiser! I bought it about 2 years ago and at first I wasn’t that into it, then I decided to have the awesome tech lady at Strait in Austin set it up and it immediately played better! Better action, everything.

Now I tour with it… or did… as my main guitar. My main band (www.invincibleczars.com) has been touring the US and Canada doing live silent horror film soundtracks that we create and play with the films. The coil tapping. It’s like having a baritone guitar. Think Munsters theme song.

Interestingly, since I joined CtC, I’ve found that certain stretches are much harder on the Hellraiser just because of its longer neck. Playing Tornado of Souls, for example, with those big stretches is more difficult.

I had never had a non-bass with active pickups and I really like these! They’re great for recording direct into an amp simulator.

1 Like