Musicians Mental Health

Yes, it’s called “capitalism”, and “disdain for intellectualism and the arts” is one of the principles of Fascism (which a few areas seem to be interested in lately, alas).

I don’t have an answer for it, other than unplug, consume less, think more, and become the person you and your community are waiting for you to be. Cheers! jz

2 Likes

No rush man :smiley: The devils greatest lie is we have no time.

1 Like

@jzohrab said it right, coverd the gist, what a world. Also true what u said, typing from the car, I know how it is when you’re gutted, we should have a pinned thread for this sort of thing, I’m always in and out of self-doubt.

@tommo may be this is a good idea, or not, there I go again :smile:

1 Like

You asking about the political discussion? In general politics is not forbidden in this forum, provided people don’t start insulting each other :slight_smile:

But in the case of this particular thread (Musician Mental Health) I feel it’s a very important topic and a political digression is probably just distracting!

EDIT: just to clarify, I think it’s totally ok to have a discussion of capitalism & music, and like @jzohrab I am also very worried about the modern anti-intellectualism tendencies of many countries, but I’d probably separate it into a different thread and keep this one focused on mental health.

Not politics @tommo, was asking about a pinned topic for people having a hard time mentally; we can always be there to prop each other up, the stress levels are always high with learning to play efficiently.

On politics, yes it’s a different situation, though I in @jzohrab defence more than politics they were alluding to industry practices, which, of course, is dictated by politics, I guess it’s a thin line and can easily get into a spiral, on such lines I agree we must not pollute and break policy.

I too have strong thoughts on the current political situation, but that’s best left to personal messaging.

edit:

I missed that; didn’t know it’s not banned, I just stay away cause it tends to get heated. It’s refreshing to know it’s allowed as long as decorum is maintained! Very cool!

1 Like

Oh I see - sorry for misunderstanding! Yes it’s a great idea to have a topic to support each other!

Not sure about pinning because I don’t think we have ever pinned anything on the forum “from above” (i.e. done by the admins in a way that it will apply to every user in the same way) - we just let the topics go up and down based on activity - in the hope that this reflects what the community prefers to talk about. I think there may be a way for the interested people to pin the topic for themselves though - let me check and come back to you!

1 Like