My Arrangement of Pink Floyd's The Great Gig in the Sky

Hello, Everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I thought I would share this video of my arrangement of Pink Floyd’s The Great Gig in the Sky. I play the piano intro on my nylon string and then I improvise over the chords of the vocal part. I am posting this one for @tommo who thought it would be nice if I shared it here. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Beautifully played Bill, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, @tommo :slight_smile:

By the way Bill, I have been thinking for a while about this variation of the Yngwie 6s pattern, that should work very well with elbow picking. Don’t know if you use it already, but if you want give it a shot let me/us know how that feels :slight_smile:

The idea is to do the normal Yngwie pattern on the low E, then to displace the first note of each subsequent pattern one string down, so every string change becomes a downstroke. For example:

------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------ etc...
----------------------------5-7-8-7-5-8---------
---------------5-6-8-6-5-8----------------------
-8-5-6-8-6-5-8----------------------------------

EDIT: I also just thought of @aliendough who is on an elbow picking journey, another possible thing to work on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice arrangement, Bill. What do you use for looping?

@tommo that pattern is very useful for me - especially for getting my accuracy together because the notes are arranged in a way that I’m not used to.

3 Likes

That is a nice idea, @tommo I will try it out! Thanks for sharing! It would definitely be a very comfortable lick with the elbow mechanic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, @aliendough. Thank you! I am using the Boss RC3 looper.

1 Like