My progress in 8 months

I wish I had more time to practice. How am I doing so far? Its a messy clip, I’m pushing my abilities :smiley:

Didn’t know any of this stuff till the volcano course. Thanks Troy for getting me started, never had so much fun on my guitar. Using a boss katana mini here with the phone cam and mic.

5 Likes

Hey, sounds pretty good! Can you be more specific about what sort of feedback you’re looking for? (See here for more detail on how we suggest doing #technique-critique posts: https://troygrady.com/start/technique-critique/) And keep in mind if you have specific technique questions, this angle isn’t the best for seeing exactly what’s going on motion-wise. Of course more general questions are fine too, but the more detail, the better feedback we’ll be able to give :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Brendan, I think I’ve just been working on this in a cocoon, just to even hear any positive comment gives me satisfaction, I’m well aware of the things I need to work on at this point, a simple comment like ‘sounds pretty good’ makes my day, thank you for that :sunny:

Nothing in particular; just to share that Troy’s stuff is working out for me. Thanks for watching and replying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear you’re making solid progress. If you have an update or further questions at any point feel free to add 'em here!

1 Like

While a few spots are a little rough, as you observed yourself, some of the scalar bits are downright badass. Well done!

4 Likes

Thanks Frylock, I’m working on my arpeggios and a few of his tracks, so much fun and pain along the way, it’s all worth it though, thank you for the encouragement :smiley:

1 Like

small update too that eclipse head, been working on it last two weeks, still very very raw but I think its getting better. Just discovered the wrist rotation thing yesterday on the picking hand with that string skipping classical lick in the middle there.
2 Likes