My very first video of the progress i've made

This is my very first video of the progress I’ve made since i first discovered CTC 4 months ago.To make a long story short , i couldn’t play sh** before. I couldn’t play that lick,not even in my dreams, at that speed. I was so disappointed cause i just love alternate picking and me not being able to master that technique was just a huge let down. I was also really close to give up guitar playing for that reason , i was that frustrated . Then i got into CTC videos on youtube by pure luck , i immediately picked up the guitar and just practised heavily for hours every single day these past few months . The progress i’ve made,at such a short period of time, is just unbelievable. I just wanna say a huge thank you to Troy and to anyone who contributed on making these amazing CTC series.There will be some more videos in the future ,i’m currently working on some other dwps licks like the pop tarts lick and i’m working on uwps as well (Paul Gilbert’s sixes lick).It’s still pretty sloppy at high speeds since i’m a natural dwpslanter but it’s getting better , i can play it cleanly at around 105 bpm at the moment.

4 Likes

Sounds great! Very fluid and even sounding notes and at a great sounding speed!

2 Likes

Sounds good! Synch is on, tone (i.e. attack) is nice and crisp. Nothing much to critique here. I’d just recommend against thinking you’re “naturally” anything. You’re using a hand motion you’ve learned. Playing licks with downstroke escapes isn’t really adjusting the “slant”, it’s learning a slightly different picking motion. With better video of your arm setup, and short sleeves, we’d be able to give you a clearer idea of what specifically that would require for you.

Otherwise sounds good and try to branch out into musical phrases, i.e. beyond exercises, as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Thank you. I always use licks I’m learning into my playing. Practising exercises all the time just gets boring after an hour. As for dwps, it just seems effortless into my playing. Uwps even though it’s getting better it just feels kinda strange to start a string change with an upstroke. Maybe I’m doing something wrong with my picking with uwps that I need to change. I’m gonna try and post a close-up video on my right hand, these days, so you can take a look.