New guy from NYC

Hello All,
Just wanted to say hi. Here’s my story in a nutshell. I used to be pretty good and was fairly speedy playing in a metal band playing some of the bar circuit in the mid-west long ago. I stopped for 8 years, initially because I was going to college, then graduate school. There’s lots of other life stuff that seemed take priority over me getting back to playing.

2 years ago I made a commitment to not only get my chops back, but to be more well rounded as a guitar player. I’ve worked up my fretboard knowledge a bit (so much more to go) and focusing on 3 note per string scales, sequences and working with simple backing tracks. I bought a looper and want to work with this some more.

So I picked up the Volcano downloads as something supplemental to work and to hopefully get my speed up. I was never as quick as Yngwie, but Troy seems to break it down pretty good piece-by-peice. I’ve never been someone who posts frequently on forums or social media in general, but I’ll give this a try.

Here in the states its a 3-day holiday (for those lucky enough to get the days off). I’m looking forward to learning a few of these licks over the long weekend. Take care, for now peoples.

Art

2 Likes

Hey Art, welcome! All sounds great - enjoy the weekend and let us know if you have any questions as you work through the material!

1 Like