New guy from the Netherlands

Hi there,

New guy from the Netherlands here, I am Peter and very very pleased to be part of the Cracking the Code community. I have been checking out the Youtube videos since August, when on a holiday break. Although I have been playing for about 25 years, I have honestly never improved as much as I have in these couple of months, for which I have Troy to thank. I recognised so much of the stuff Troy told about his journey. I got stuck myself more times than I care to remember and finally been able to progress to a more serious level.

I mostly play the 80’s and early 90’s rock stuff and am finally seeing progress in the Yngwie and Paul Gilbert songs I always wanted to be able to play. On a good day I can manage the Poptarts lick close to 200 bpm (mostly in the 185 - 195 range). I would not have thought this was within my capabilities a year ago and I still have a long way to go.

Favourite guitar is the Fender Stratocaster. At the moment I mostly play my Japanese 57 in Candy Apple Red, with Kluson pickups. Been in and out of bands for most of my guitar life. At the moment I am in a band with my son, playing mostly Jimi, Clapton etc.

Lately I have been taking some lessons, mostly to get the theory down.

One thing I wanted to add. With the progress I made with just the Youtube videos, I had some doubts about getting the Pickslanting Primer for quite a while. Yesterday I finally decided to go for it and I can firmly recommend it. There is so much good material in there; it really is a good deal.

Take care and looking forward to connecting with you guys!

2 Likes

New here too. Living in U.K. and picked guitar up again in lockdown after a break of about six months. Used to play in a rock band but pandemic’s tooken away our gigs for now. Just here to make new friends with an interest in guitar and music in general. How about you? Wilkie

2 Likes

Kinda the same here. There is only so much you can do bandwise during the pandemic. Next to making some new friends, improving my sweeppicking would be great.

Welcome here Peter !

1 Like