New member from London UK

Hi all, I’ve made a few posts so let me introduce myself quickly;

I started playing 25 years ago and used to play a lot but have been taking long breaks over the last 10 years due to lack of time and focusing on the piano.
I used to have lessons as a kid / teenager but don’t think my teachers knew what they were doing for the most part :slight_smile:

I’ve decided to start playing the guitar more seriously again and this place has been a revelation - I so wish it existed when I started !

I like many genres from country and jazz to prog metal and neo soul.
My favourite solo of all time is probably Mark Lettieri‘s on “Can’t wait for perfect” ( youtube it ! ), closely followed by John Petrrucci on Under a Glass Moon.

What I’d like is to get my technique into a state where I don’t have to work on it so much and it’s “sticky” even if I don’t play for a few days, so I can focus on the music.

( I found this easier to achieve on the piano which is one of the reasons I’ve been focusing on it more ).

3 Likes

Welcome, thanks for joining and for the intro! Glad you found us :slight_smile: Hope you’re enjoying everything so far, and let us know if there’s anything we can help with as you explore the material.

2 Likes