NGD: Jiva on the Beach

Well she finally arrived!

I’m amazed how good this is for the money. I’ve always liked the Ibanez Quantum pickups as far as stock brand pickups go. A serious Ibanez Edge-Zero II bridge not the Floyd knock off on most low budget Ibanez guitars. Ebony fingerboard. Wizard III neck.

I do have a slight question for anyone who has an Ibanez with the Edge-Zero II bridge. Do you align the top of the bridge to be level with the surface of the guitar or the bottom of the bridge, like in the bottom pic?

Here’s my Original Edge on my RG and what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

Nice axe, enjoy!

Well, I don’t have one, but the bottom should be aligned like the Edge.

You can read some instructions here:

I found this last night so I guess it’s set up right.
That’s an original edge in the picture btw. Ibanez goofed.

2 Likes

Ah, interesting! Yes, seeing that cross-section pic makes more sense. Pretty bad they don’t make it clearer/use incorrect pics in their materials, especially since this question seems to have plagued a lot of people over the years.

1 Like

That guitar is stunning! Congratulations!

How about tone? I suppose it’s intended for Metal?

1 Like

Very snazzy looking axe! Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I love about the Quantums just enough output for classic metal but tempered enough for rock and jazz as well and the 5 way makes it super versatile. Nita did a great job designing this. Kinda fits since she plays for both Alice Cooper and Demi Lovato, and does her solo metal shred stuff.

1 Like