Noah Polston Lucretia

Look at that awesome!

4 Likes

meant to put this in general music discussion

That was pretty freaking awesome!!

We did that song in an Live Playing Workshop at MI in like mid-2000 and all of the metal dudes showed up to play it, me included. But… No one else learned the damn rhythm behind the solos so I did a crash course sight read with the tab and ended up playing it all day long for all of the other guitarist, and never got to do the solos myself… And I worked so hard on them lol

2 Likes

Awesome, I love the transition from Marty to Dave’s solo in that. Marty’s is probably my favorite solo on RIP. 10/10 on the guitar faces.

Yeah, everyone seems to go straight to Tornado, but I’ve always liked Lucretia and Hanger 18’s solos more. Seeing them on the Clash Of The Titans tour way back when was insane when they’d swap!! Jaw dropping!!

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong Tornado is top 5 metal solos of all time imo, but its kind of like Free Bird and Stairway I’ve heard it enough.

Hearing Marty’s phrygian dominant expedition in Hangar 18 made me want to play guitar when I first
heard it in Guitar Hero II. That whole transition part with the tempo change is genius song writing.

I think Rust In Peace lived in the CD player of my car for like a whole year when I first got it.

1 Like

It absolutely is and also, I’m good on ever hearing it again out of context lol But I’ll never start the album and not finish it!

1 Like

The only reason PSBWB edges out RIP for me is sometimes I skip Dawn Patrol, lol

Agreed. Poison Was The Cure is actually my favorite Marty solo, mostly because of that one note he hits – you know the one!

1 Like