Old dog wants new tricks

Hi all,
I’m a 59 year old guitarist with years of experience playing and writing fingerstyle acoustic music. Arthritis has gotten in the way of that dexterity so I am rediscovering playing electric guitar with a pick. Cracking the Code has been a life changer for me this past month. I attribute my generally feeble right hand technique to my being a complete lefty playing righty. I can do most of the pick tests better with my left hand, and it’s never held a pick before!!
I’m looking for moderate speed with flashes of metronomic madness. My favorite electric players are Zappa, Hendrix, Fripp, Richard Thompson and John McLaughlin. Once I hit sixteenths at 120 I’m topping out. Watching the videos has shown me that I’m best suited to be an elbow players with a USX, and I’m desperately trying to develop it. Looking forward to the camaraderie!

2 Likes

Welcome @clearsteer!

I love this quote below :smiley:

Feel free to post a video in technique critique if you’d like any help getting started, it’s usually the easiest and most direct way to make progress. Filming instructions attached :slight_smile: