Order of Eric Johnson PDFs?

Hi there! I just ordered the Eric Johnson class. Great great stuff! Just have one question…is there a way to figure out the order of PDF tabs to the order they are shown in the videos? There is a ton of content…which is awesome…it’s just seems kinda hard to match up the tabs with videos…everything is presented in alphabetical order as opposed to chronological.

Keep up the great work!

The best method is to use the online version. All the clips (musical examples) are linked to the video lessons where they appear, and not only that, you have a timeline beneath each video where you can click to go to the exact spot in the video where the clip plays. This is true even when clips are repeated.

Just as an example, in the “Rolling Threes” chapters, you can see the examples timestamped beneath the lesson:

Not only that, but you can click to go to the online tablature / Soundslice, play it, and click back to the exact same spot in the video where you left off.

There was really no way to replicate this complex organization and ease of use with a pile of files in a folder that you download, so the online the version is really the only way we could do that.

1 Like

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks Troy!

Troy: On the Western Flyer, Flyer Five, Tears Cascades, it would be a huge help if every written out cascade/clip didn’t start on the downbeat. By this I mean, where does it fall/start on the different Cascades in the actual tune. This would make it easier for me to see how this would fit in actual tracks so I could practice and see/feel how this works in a real track and also where EJ puts his accents and dynamic feel.

Thanks.

Hey there @michael_c! The “problem” with Eric’s playing is that it’s not very “metronomic” so almost impossible to notate correctly rhythm-wise. The tabs are of course useful to figure out how the phrase is constructed picking and fretting wise, but the best way to figure out the feel of the lick is to hear Eric’s actual playing and then try to imitate it.

Hope this helps, and in general let us know how it is going with your Cascade journey!