Out in the field Scale run sequence

Video length one minute or less.

How to post a video:

[ blank line ]

[ blank line ]

Hi this is the scale run from the solo of out in the field by phil lynott and gary moore. i chose this song for an exam to push myself
1st video is me trying it without thinking too much and just trying to get the motion going

second is me slowing it down

two things about me is i feel this is partially a mental hurdle as well but i really want to get this song to push myself

This came up in Jan 2022 on this thread: Out in the Fields solo with a downstroke escape
adamprzezdziecki suggested a fingering for ‘straightening out’ the run so it could be played with DSX or USX. I tagged on what I thought Gary played on the record. So there’s a couple of bits of tab to look at over there.

I don’t think it starts on the low E string and I can see some mixed right-hand choices in what you play. Check out the thread linked above and see what you think :+1:

Also, what are you going for with your metronome? You seem to be starting with the first note on the beat but the run actually starts with a ‘pick up’ (start the run on the ‘4-and’ to get the feel right).

1 Like

sorry for the late response, i didnt really know what i was going for with the metronome i really was despereate and trying stuff out on guitarpro 6 to follow to. ive also just heard abou Adam’s passing its really heartbreaking.

1 Like

ive tried adams technique’s it works wonders, seriously im so thankful

1 Like