Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon Lead Guitar cover over backing track

One of my favourite songs and definitely a milestone for me. This is the most difficult song that in some way managed to play.

Definitely a bit of a strech to my current technique :slight_smile: but with dedication and with the help of this forum (specially the 6 note per string licks) I think it turned out ok.

All guitar parts played by me with the exception of the rhythm guitar on the solo.

Please comment if you feel like it, even it’s “bad” my only goal is to improve.

For the ones that want to go straight to the solo it’s around 2:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqaQjITSR_w&list=PLei6emS-MOBlamqbqztdqNQvc_HTAuW6e

2 Likes

I dig it. You got the rhythm stuff going good. I struggle with that riff. Looks like you use Steve Morse angle type for your rhythm playing.

1 Like

Thanks mate.

I struggled a bit with everything actually :smiley: The solo is the most difficult but even the rhythm that seems simple, it was not, at least for me.

I had to practice everything heavily to make it work. I used a mix of bursts with slow practice.

My cover band is tackling this song, and I’m playing rhythm on it. It’s kicking my ass. There was a time when I was starting out that I thought I’d never get the chorus down. Doesn’t seem that difficult, but I just couldn’t play it cleanly. I can “get through” the song now, but it’s nowhere near as clean or as tight as your playing. Nicely done!

1 Like

I remember that for the chorus I had to go so slow that I practice without metronome or the song. With no tempo at all, trying to be completely relaxed.

1 Like