Paganini's 5th Caprice

This is in E minor/ G Major.

It is a hand full.

Part 2 of 5 in an Opus

3 Likes

by ear or sheet music on imslp.org? looks like maybe ear but only you know :stuck_out_tongue: hope by ear cause you will remember it for along time.

By ear of course.
As I explained earlier in an email to Brenden…Several years ago, I began working on Pag 5th Caprice in G Major-E minor. I have pretty much played it every day for well over three years. (And I still think I can improve on it). Anyway, over time I began to string an intro of licks isnpired by some of my favorite guitarists, like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Johnson, and others. And I also began to string along some for an outro…Over time it grew to a piece that went on for well over twenty minutes… So I have broken it into 5 parts in an opus. And because of the youtube uploads, I am working on them and loading them to youtube “ass backwords” so that the listener can listen to them in sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCrDtvZzwXu_nljcFvpeT3g

So all those other “Show and Tell” videos, with the exception of “The Star Spangled Banner” were pieces I have been playing right along with “Paganini’s 5th” pretty much every day for several years. If find it gives me a good workout each day before I work on other music. I thought I would break them into pieces so that people might listen to them without having to sit through twenty plus minutes at one listening. My next part will be the intro for Paganini titled “Priming the Pump” Thanks for your comment.

I do like this song.

One thing that makes this song difficult, is that there are no ‘breaks’. It’s non-stop 16th notes, so any position changes have to be done carefully, to not lose the seamless sound. But then the problem becomes, how do you do that when there are so many diminished patterns that aren’t easily played on the guitar.

For this song… try playing it in lotsa different ways… especially when you get to around the 30 second mark.

Boy, that 7 string comes in handy for the part at 21 seconds. You don’t have to deal with the nasty G/B gap.