Pick grip and position for fast strumming?

Hey there i hope if you guys could share your strumming pick grip and motions i can’t strum faster than 100 bpm may be 110.without feelings tense sloopy , i’ve tried several grips and movements also i have scoliosis so i dont know if thas’s part of the problem. Here are my attempts . Hope you can help or post yourselves to compare. Sorry for the quality but i live alone and i had a hard time trying to place the phone

I would say work on pushing swing rhythm, and your speed will develop in the rapid fire 16ths department.

In the first clip, you show that you press the thumb into the grip. Do you feel that doing this causes the up strums to feel a bit sticky?

For very fast strumming, I do the opposite. I bend the thumb slightly. I do it by feel. By doing this, the up and down strums feel even without the arm feeling like it needs to flip flop a bit. I’d suggest experimenting with that.

If you look at this

It’s mostly forarm rotation with a strong pick angle, so not a pick slant, but a pick angle. The pick angle is like this \ relatively. Lets it flow across the strings. If you have it perpendicular like this _ You will struggle.

It changes angle a lot, but thats what you want to foucus on.

1 Like

Thanks bro! As jptk suggested i changed to thrigger grip, and i’m trying. The angle approach, but i didn’t take in count the bent thumb , it feels weird. But it kind of flows better and youre right it feels a little flip flop, i cant control it at 100 bpm but i guess this is one of those things where the speed right away approach doesn’t apply, so i 'll work it. At slower tempos and then increase it gradually