Picking and stuff

I am new to speed and alternate picking. Can someone recommend a starting point on this page? Thank you

1 Like

I think the “correct answer” would be the pickslanting primer :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already seen it i would also recommend the cracking the code-series on Youtube. Its a great study of guitar technique embedded in a fun trip through the history of rockguitar.

After watching it you should have an idea about the approach. If you like it, you can subscribe for a master in mechanic membership and pick a product you want to study, like the volcano seminar, in my case.

Its long, so grab your guitar and put a lick you want to get better at on autopilot :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, thanks for joining! Have you seen our “Getting Started Guide” yet?

Indeed as @J.P.Amboss noted the Pickslanting Primer is generally the first thing we recommend everyone go through! That “start” page links to our help section too for some further info on how the site works.

There’s no order to the forum, specifically, but this is a great place to ask any questions if you get stuck, want feedback, etc. You can search for any topic you’re interested in, and make a new post if you don’t find what you’re looking for.

Let us know if you have any further questions getting started!