Picking Technique Feedback Wanted~!

Been having issues building speed. My crosspicking is very innaccurate and not very fast. im trying the DWPS for tremolo / fast picking at end vid. I believe I’m not having the best technique. I definitely favor wrist extension and deviation comes pretty naturally to me

Goals:
• Determine if I’m stringhopping
• Determine best candidates for how to change technique to more crosspicking
• Determine if my tremolo works and is truly USX and DWPS
Any other feedback is bonus!

Videos:

Ascending scale Slomo

Crosspick attempt

Crosspick attempt in slowmo

Tremolo attempt, with a lick near middle:

Thanks! WIll be monitoring thread closely. happy to elaborate on things

1 Like

Hi @benjbord, welcome to the forum!

I see you’ve opened a public “TC” here directly on the “platform” site:

https://troygrady.com/users/benjbord/tc/158/

Nothing wrong with anyone posting requests for feedback here, but I know Troy’s intention people like you, who have purchased a membership, is to keep the feedback from the instructors only just to prevent you from getting any noise from us community members. We enjoy helping people and critiquing is fun and also a good learning experience for those of us attempting to give the critique. But…we’re not as good at it as Troy & Team are :slight_smile: It’s a huge perk of having the membership like you do and getting guaranteed feedback from the pros.

I’d say the best path forward is to leave you in their capable hands and those of us interested in your results and (guaranteed!!! :slight_smile: ) progress can monitor that link I posted above.

Good luck!

P.S. That’s a nice sounding dreadnought you’ve got there, what is it? I have a Martin D-35 and a Taylor 317e Grand Pacific and love them both.

ah i didnt realize that! thanks. I posted there yesterday morning. TBD on feedback.

Martin D28!

1 Like