Picking technique for 2 + 1 + 1 notes per string

Hey all, I was wondering if someone could give me their advice on playing the following pattern. Alt pick it all? If so which pick slanting techniques recommended? Or would you recommend sweeping some of it. speed of about 110 to 115 bpm. Thanks

1 Like

It doesn’t look like single escape motion is going to make it with this lick.
When I picked my guitar up to play this I instinctively used cross-picking. The pattern has even number of notes so it recycles nicely.
The guy from the video appears to be doing pull-off to the second note of the pattern so I would also suggest to you to try it out.

1 Like

Can you swipe the second-to-last stroke to hit one string and cross the other (while it is muted), to end up on its other side?

1 Like

Thanks for your advise… very much appreciated

Never gave that a thought, good idea

for me, I would pick this down up up up rotate back to the down on the highest string, and repeat. The pattern shown is like a 3 string arpeggio where the octave is played on the highest and lowest string. Forgot to say that this is a DSX type motion for most of it as its an up sweep.

1 Like

Yep, this is exactly how I play this type of pattern as well (DSX doing down-up-up-up, rotate wrist, repeat).

2 Likes

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like