Playing with elbow, the guitar is shaking

I think you get the idea from the name of the thread :slightly_smiling_face: I started incorpotating some elbow motion into my playing and now it feels much easier to play, but there’s a problem - the guitar is shaking. It’s not that bad, i still can hit it right almost all the time, but it’s a bit annoying and doesn’t feel 100% stable. So, how do you guys deal with this issue?

1 Like

Hello! When I use the elbow technique my arm is resting really lightly on the guitar. I am not pressing my arm hard into the body, it is just lightly resting on it. I am not sure how you are anchoring you arm, but only lightly resting it is how I do it. Also…everything is sort of gliding when I use the elbow as far as my right hand fingers go and the part of my hand under the thumb glides lightly on the strings also. That is how I do it and the guitar never shakes. A video would be great to see of you playing and maybe that would make why that is happening clearer. Good luck and have fun trying the elbow technique out! :slight_smile:

3 Likes