Please Interview Al DiMeola For Masters Of Mechanics

A Masters Of Mechanics session with Al DiMeola would be priceless! Actually it would probably be fairly pricey, but worth every penny as far as I’m concerned and i don’t believe I’m the only subscriber who feels this way. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the announcement of an upcoming Masters Of Mechanics sessions with Al DiMeola resulted in a veritable avalanche of new subscribers to CTC!!

Al DiMeola is one of the oldest and most respected names in the ranks of those who excel at playing highly technical, often high speed guitar music with an emphasis on not just shred but more importantly, melody and rhythm. He’s played with the most respected musicians in jazz fusion and those outside it such as the late Paco DeLucia - possibly the greatest Spanish flamenco guitarist of his era.

Al DiMeola was a pioneer in the use of muting, something he inadvertently discovered when trying to play more quietly for the benefit of his apartment next door neighbors who had been complaining about the volume of his music. What a great example of necessity being the Mother Of Invention! Muting is just one of many techniques he has either pioneered, mastered, or both. He holds a treasure chest full of knowledge about playing guitar at the virtuoso level and if I could only hear one more Masters Of Mechanics session, ever, it would be one with Al DiMeola!

8 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Exactely my thoughts!

Seconded, a McLaughlin would be cool as well.

I never knew this was how he discovered it. That’s a very cool snippit of info.

2 Likes