Pop Tarts Lick Critique

Hi guys! I’m super stoked at the progress I’ve been making – never been a shredder – and would welcome your comments on what I’ve worked up for on the Pop Tarts lick! I’m also working on the Evil Eye Breakdown, but it’s a little harder to me to move on one string like that.

Recorded on my laptop in a hotel in Seoul, so please bear with the tone and quality. I took my guitar on this trip with me to practice!

Thanks guys!

3 Likes

You are one now :wink:

Extra characters

4 Likes

It’s fast, but I’m not hearing the pop tarts lick.

In the right context I probably wouldn’t bat an eyelid at it as a fast run, but I think you could stand to shave off 5 or 10 percent off the speed for a massive increase in clarity and actually hitting the intended notes.

1 Like

I don’t know the pop tarts lick, butit sounds good to me.
It’s hard to add critique on the picking motion, but from what can be seen it looks pretty effortless.
There seems to be lots of compression (and gain) in the sound, therefor it’s hard to tell if accents are right and the volume is even, but if that’s the sound you like muting is probably more important and that seems fine to me.

So, good work all in all!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the feedback guys!

I’m still practicing this a little every day (along with lots of other fun stuff) and having a blast!