Possible USX breakthrough

I have tried for countless hours trying to get a USX motion that feels as natural as my DSX. I noticed that if I rest with more pressure on the bridge with the outside of my picking hand the DSX motion is much better, allowing the pick to follow a straighter line away from the strings.
Has anyone else found this? Is this the usual way of doing this motion?

2 Likes

I’ve done it like that, if I think of my palm as two “fleshy points of contact” (the muscles as the very base of my thumb being one and the opposite side near the pinky being the other), I try to “float” my thumb side point of contact and roll my hand towards the pinky, starting to use more of the side of my hand.

1 Like

This sounds familiar. I started getting USX (after having DSX exclusively) once I started experimenting with anchor points on the palm.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies @Pepepicks66 @Thegent

The anchor point with the palm seems to make a huge difference. I remember seeing this in the Pick Slanting Primer but i guess i had to find it for myself. It shows that you need to constantly readjust and experiment and eventually you’ll find something that works.

2 Likes