Post-christmas-break-practice-fatique

So i havent been practicing for 10 days due to visiting my family over the holidays.

I know its not uncommon after such breaks, but today’s morning-practice session felt a bit weird:

• My ear wasnt as used to my guitar sound as usually. I was much more aware of the dull sound of a guitar in desperate need of a new set of strings.

• Also, i was clearly playing below my previous standart, technique wise. This is weird to me because after breaks, i sometimes find that some good habits have stuck and i play more relaxed and with a higher sucess rate on difficult licks, and then my techniques actually gets a bit worse as i fall back into some bad reflexes. On other occasions, i start out with the bad version of my form and then remember the better way of doing the things i am working on internalising atm. I guess its always a matter on how far the learning process of whatever you are working on has progressed.

I was just wondering how other/better players experience this. Is your technique set in stone so firmly that it doesnt feel different after a week?

Anyway, i hope you all have had a nice christmas (if you celebrate it) and have fun on new year’s eve!

1 Like