Problem with downward pick slanting: 2 notes per string licks

Hey!
I was using upward pick slanting for the last 10 years and right now for about year and a half i’m working on downward pickslant motion thanks to cracking the code. I’m pretty ok with many Yngwie style licks, also some looping licks in Zakk Wylde style however i can’t get to the higher tempo with what I thought was a simple one - 2 notes per string descending using just pentatonic. I upload 2 videos showing some licks that work (like 6 notes per string yngwie-a-like) and at the beginning of the second video there is pattern that slows me down. However two string pattern that i play later is no big deal.
I believe it might be hard to tell with that angle and shaking camera (it was attached to guitar body). Should i change angle or maybe there is something obvious with that technique?
vid 1
vid 2
Edit: After uploading those videos to YT and slowing them down, I noticed that almost everytime i hit higher string on the way back. With other licks it’s not really audible nor i feel it. With this one it gets me off track. So again time to improve my motion :confused: . But I don’t close that topic - I’m open to every advice :smiley: .

1 Like

I’d recommend a recording without the drum loop, it sounds to me like you’re not playing in time with it.

1 Like

Yep for sure. I was focused not to move/touch guitar too much in order to get any useful video :smiley:

1 Like