Protecting a guitar case from DiMarzio ClipLock straps?

DiMarzio has a popular strap that screws into one’s guitar, see ClipLock® Guitar Straps | DiMarzio .

This makes perfect sense when a guitar is outside its case. But, when I put my guitar in its case, I have to also include two short nylon straps that I can’t remove and their associated black plastic. I’m scared about the strap and piece of plastic attaching near the bridge end of my guitar: Won’t it scratch my guitar’s finish? Won’t the plastic crush the guitar case’s styrofoam when I close the case’s lid, etc.?

If there is a clever work-around, somebody here will know, kindly advise me! :grinning:

1 Like

I used to put some foam/cloth between the plastic clip and the guitar, because the clips did dent my guitar a bit. For that reason, I stopped using them. The Schaller style that replaces the button entirely is the way to go imo.

Yeah, I’m not sure there’s a great way to avoid this with Cliplocks. They also have a fairly long minimum length (I’ve gotten used to a lower position these days, but for a while there the only way I could use a Cliplock was “choking up on it” and pulling the dimarzio logo through the adjustable buckle) and are made out of a fairly low-grip material, great if you want a guitar to slide around freely, less so if you play something with a bit of tendancy for neck dive (a seven string, pretty much any SG).

I eventually stopped using them and replaced them with Levy’s leather straps, but with the same 2" two-buckle design, and conventional attachment points.