Question for those that have assembled the magnet

Hey all,

I finally got around to ordering the parts and am in the process of putting the magnet together. I’ve got the internal parts made and all of the body parts are operating smoothly. I’m now at the point where the rubber’s cut and ready for mounting to the magnet body. Has anyone used an alternative than the adhesive sheet to do this? I’m just wondering because I have a pint of contact cement on the shelf from doing some tolex projects and it seems like it would fit the bill. Thanks for the help. Looking very forward to using it!

-Eric

3 Likes

Awesome! We have not tried with contact cement, but seems like it would work! A bit messier but since you have the supplies at hand I say go for it. Worst case it doesn’t stick properly and you can rip it off and redo…but if you apply the contact cement to both surfaces and wait for it to dry til tacky (I think like 15 mins), my guess is this would work perfectly.

Once you get this full assembled feel free to post any video you shoot with it here on the forum, we’d love to see it :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Brendan. That was my thought as well, so I’ll give it a shot and report back! :smiley:

1 Like

If I recall correctly I used two-sided tape, because that’s what I had at hand. A year later it’s still attached.

As @Brendan points out it doesn’t really matter what you use, as you can just try again with something else if it doesn’t work out.

2 Likes

Thanks @lars.

It’s all glued up and drying while the internals are assembled and are acting as clamps. I oversized the rubber a little bit to leave room to hopefully trim it flush. So far, so good!

3 Likes