Raw n hardcore Zack Wylde

As far as I can tell this is raw playing, and that makes the shredding so much more powerful. It’s acually real.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! Zakk is awesome!I loved No Rest For the Wicked and No More Tears, lost me at Ozmosis and I stopped keeping track of him but lots of respect, the man is awesome, isn’t he?

It’s that thing where maybe 'fidelity" seems to have overtaken content, perhaps even in terms of songs and stuff? Just my opinion, of course! The mistakes, human imperfections, differences that give an album and it’s respective players individuality and in many cases add to the music.

Now it’s all the same snare and kick samples, pitch and audio quantize intil it’s perfect, 50 lyric writers on a tune until they decide on “Yeah! Baby!” as the chorus hahahaha It’s kind of funny. Then you add the new AI trends… Too perfect, hard to tell what’s real.

3 Likes

Same for me. Though in his own band there was this acoustic track he did called “speedball” that was pretty cool. Wicked and Tears had so many cool tracks and killer solos (and tone)

1 Like

It’s quite weird how he has steps in his volume.

See him changing the volume and it sounding like a pick? Over analyzing this part of my practice.

1 Like

It looks like he stomped on a pedal there.

As well as increase his gtr volume

1 Like

In this River always gets me

1 Like

What a great video n song. I’ve never seen it. I’ve not seen any of his stuff besides with Ozzy Osbourne. And these few short performances. I’m to obsessive over stuff I’ve heard before.

1 Like

I’d never think of that, thank you man. So it is truly raw? As in not over dubbed. Everything I see is on spot besides that one thing. Besides the wah peddle I think? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He wrote that as a tribute to Dime so it’s pretty heavy.

Same I’ve never been big on Zakk my interest in Ozzy kind of wanes after the Jake E Lee albums.

1 Like

It looks and sounds live to me! Sounds great, always enjoy listening to him play

Ooh, haven’t seen this in ages. Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! And OMG you chose the coolest screen name ever!