Recording output from VOX Amplugs (solved-ish)

I love the tones I can get from this little F***er:

Did anybody manage to record its output to a PC / MAC in a decent way? I tried to connect it to my 2011 macbook via a Behringer UMC22 interface (using a double male 3.5mm jack + 3.5mm - 6.35mm adapter),

however I seem to get very low output (or should I say input?). It kind of works if I crank up the volume on the amplug and the gain on the interface, but the volume of the recording is still quite low.

Any suggestions? Thanks \m/

Hi,

I have the same VOX Amplug but never though about trying!

I think that your audio interface is designed so that you can plug a high impedance device like a microphone or a guitar into it. Your VOX Amplug’s output on the other hand is supposed to go to a set of headphones. I am not expert here, but I am almost sure that you need some sort of an adapter here to make your VOX signal suitable for your audio interface’s input. Possibly something like the one mentioned in this video:

2 Likes

Good point, like the Jazz II said to the Jazz III.
It is time to study impedance conversion!

1 Like

Strangely enough, I realised that everything works fine if I use the sencond input (Inst 2 in the picture above). Well, I have no idea why this is the case, but it’s enough for my purposes :slight_smile: