Red Dawn, Twangsta's WIP

Been putting this on the back burner for too long, reamping @tommo 's mix lit the fires again :smiley:
This is inspired by Yngwie’s Amber dawn.

There’s a solo section to be added, no bass yet and I did a rough pass of the drums here.
Hope you folks dig it so far :beers:

Sorry no video yet :smiley:

5 Likes

Digging it Twangsta! Looking forward to solo section. Hoping for some Yngwie shreddage in there ! :smile:

1 Like

Look. I’m going to be honest with you. I don’t know what Red Dawn WIP 005 is but I love it. Is it a code, some kind of song I don’t know about? Who knows. I’ll tell you this. If it’s not about Patrick Swayze and a ragtag team of teenagers taking on the Russian military after an invasion of the US I’ll be a bit upset.
Keep it up.

1 Like

Hahaha, yes that polka bit will be toned down for a solo or two, I’m terrified, haven’t played over it but it’s a single chord vamp, I might complicate it a bit. Thanks :beers:

Hehe, honestly one of the motifs was inspired by that amber dawn riff, it’s so haunting and it wouldn’t leave my head. Thank you for your encouragement, I really appreciated it. WIP is work in progress and the number is the bounce id :smiley:
Now I’ll have to watch that movie and send you notes :joy:

:beers:

1 Like

@Twangsta This makes me feel very very old.

1 Like

Haha, you and I belong to the same gen I suspect brother.
But I’m kinda scratching my head, should I feel sad for myself :slightly_smiling_face: