Right arm shoulder pain

So!

I have officially completed my botulism medications. Awaiting following up results for if I’ve kicked it or not.

In this time I experimented with seating position and have switched to “normal” sitting as opposed to classical.

I find I have way better control over my picking arm, my body feels more locked in and my left hand has reinforcement from pulling closer to the body for the uppermost register.

There have been some areas I’ve had to accept slower tempos for now but overall I prefer my default tone and overall sense of “control” in this position. I feel more like a player and less like a spectator (for whatever strange reason) it feels more visceral and physical.

That said, is it natural to have tension or muscle fatigue in the rear delt/ trap, rhomboid lat insertion area. That scapular area over the round of your upper back. I feel like I’m doing a hell of a workout with how sore it’s getting.

Not sure if shrugging or if it’s just because it’s a new position but I’m feeling the burn!!

1 Like

Great to hear that you got through the treatment. This whole situation sounded beyond savage. I hope its kicked. Regarding the shoulder pain, its something I have had before and was the combination of posture and some intense parctice sessions (I have a history of back/neck and shoulder tightness and spasms anyhow). It can happen, but I definitely would not call it natural to be in any sort of discomfort other than a warm feeling after a particularly intense/long practice session (IMO). That being said, I am not suprised given what you have been through. Even if you have kicked the infection, the symptoms might persist for a bit - your muscles are probably very used to being in an unhealthy way so might take time and a bit of work to recover. I suggest taking it very easy whilst you wait to see if the botulism is gone and then ask your doctor for advice - you might need some rehab physio or some other treatments to get things in order.