Right hand resting on bridge?

I absolutely cannot rest my right hand on the bridge when I play my Strats. Whenever I try to rest it there my hand always creeps forward to where I always have held it when playing Strats.

It seems much more natural for me to float my right hand above the strings. My right hand comes to rest at around where the middle pickup is.

When I know I have to mute though I move it back on the bridge so I can get the muted chugga-chugga sound.

Just wondering if anyone else here who plays a Strat that also does not rest his hand on the bridge.

By the way, I’ve been working hard on my speed picking, and am currently teaching myself to only use the tip of the pick and I try to think of just grazing the top of the string. Not letting the pick get buried to deep in the strings.

I’m having success with that!

I think this is all pretty subjective, though I suppose it could relate to picking motion. For me, I pick with a wrist deflection driven motion and escaped downstrokes, and absolutely rest my palm on the edge of the trem. I struggle to float like that.