Rob Marcello (The Defiants, Danger Danger)

Hey guys! I’ve known Rob for quite some time thanks to YouTube, but only recently I started paying attention to what he does in terms of technique. He has some very good videos, where you can see his picking hand.

I’ll post two covers he did 3 years ago. I don’t see any major differences on the general approach, could someone more experienced help me understand how does he tackled Paul Gilbert (2way PS) and Yngwie (DWPS) stuff?

This is the kind of level I’m aiming for, a man can dream I guess :laughing:

2 Likes

Rob is one of my all time favourites! I think he takes the best parts of the 80s shred style and makes something amazing out of it. Especially the way he blends arpeggio playing with scale playing in that 80s way that for some reason is quite rare these days.

Don’t know much about his technique more than that it is flawless and seems super efficient and relaxed.

He is a fellow swede and I know some people who work with him, so I hope someday I’ll be lucky to meet him.

His work with Danger Danger and the Defiants is great! Him and Jon Bjork are really something! There must be something in your Swedish water! :laughing: :laughing:

Rob is awesome, such a fast clean player. His Racer X covers are the best I’ve seen on YouTube.

1 Like