Runbarr for picking speed and accuracy?

I sometimes wonder about those who excel quite young and develop bad and / or self-destructive habits in their downtime that shorten their careers (and lives).

Players who never excel also may develop such habits and make a trainwreck of their lives.
I don’t mean that being great at a young age is a curse or anything. But I do wonder how someone who masters their chosen skill while young, well, does for an encore. I’ll certainly never know! :rofl:

A lot of how someone turns out has to do with the people raising and mentoring them.

SRV grew up sleeping on bar tables at times. Why he didn’t die from his bad habits is as much a mystery as it is luck.

Joe Bonamassa was a child prodigy and appears to have kept his head screwed on pretty well.

As an Akron, OH native myself, LeBron James could have turned out very poorly. He grew up in a rough area. All that fame, money and success straight out of high school? Yet…he’s been married to one woman, has no real scandals to speak of and is still one of the most feared players. In a league that manufactures mal-adjusted people as fast as any other.

LeBron deserves a ton of credit. Nor did he figure that out all on his own.

1 Like

These days I love rest strokes and other activities that would upset a Stylus pick.

1 Like