Seattle/Chicago

Hi all…been playing for far too long haha but am here to really dig into my picking. It’s something I’ve tried to work on but have had only limited success improving. When I work on my fretting hand/practice a lot I notice big changes in strength and dexterity…getting into tapping, faster hammer ons, little harmonic minor runs…the usual stuff. That improves or gets back to “in shape” when I work on it, like when I start running again and training for a marathon (big runner/outdoor person as well). My picking hand always feels awkward, though, and I seem to hit a wall and a lot of awkwardness, even if I work on it a ton. Probably because I’m practicing the wrong thing/using an inefficient method. I’m mostly self-taught but have taken a couple months of lessons here or there. Usually the guys tell me they don’t know what to teach me…ha. They haven’t had a lot of good input for picking. Anyway, I’m into tons of stuff…shoegaze, indie, post-metal, punk, hardcore, all the regular rock and metal classics.

Hoping to make some progress and connect with everyone! Just started the picking primer.

1 Like