Setting up midi functions with a pedal switcher

Sorry about the crappy video.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for that.

Everything is working perfectly. The factory MIDI transmit settings are on page 14 of the MKIII+ manual. By default, PC.1 is programmed so the presets of the MKIII+ send sequential PC messages on channel 1 only. The channels are set for PC.2 to PC.5, but PC numbers are blank by default. Your unit is functioning exactly as it should.

All preset recall you demonstrated in that video worked exactly as it should. When you switched between two programmed MKIII+ presets, everything worked as expected.

The only odd feature is that the MKIII+ has the offset PC numbers, but this is easily accounted for. Just find the PC number in the pedal manuals and add 1 to it.

2 Likes

Great! so the Mobius "presets’ found in otherwise blank patches is normal and nothing to worry about then. good to know. I’ll just need to be aware that they may be there and just go in and edit them as needed. I think doing the factory reset must have cleared some settiing out that was gunking up the switching somehow.
As far as the offset presets, I’m most likely just going to make my patches in the pedals sequential and just pick and choose the ones i need. I cant imagine needing more that a small handful of presets anyway unless a particular song needs something different.

Again, thanks you so much for your time, knowledge and most of all patience in helping me. This was my first time dealing with midi switching so until you understand the concepts its really confusing! As you already know!

1 Like

This is what I do personally. If I need a pedal preset on multiple locations, I just store in multiple locations on the pedal. I don’t need that many distinct settings either.

Glad to help. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

EDIT: By the way, I’d love to see quick demo I’d the board once it’s all setup!

2 Likes

I’m thrilled to report that it’s working perfectly now!!!
Thank you so much, Tom.
I’ll absolutely put a demo together!

2 Likes

Great, I’m really happy to hear that. Can’t wait to see it in action!

2 Likes

Wow @Tom_Gilroy, above and beyond. So glad you got things sorted, @Gtrjunior! MIDI leveled up! :slight_smile:

1 Like