Short solo for my friend's song

I haven’t recorded videos of my playing for quite some time now. Yesterday my friend called me and asked if I’d like to play a solo over his track + record a video. I decided I’d be a good starting point for flooding the internet with my guitar videos regularly.
Technique-wise I’m using some new stuff like Howe-ish tapping and post CtC picking which at the moment is flip-floppy, but I’m getting there. Sometimes I swipe, sometimes I rotate, sometimes I have no idea what I’m doing but almost all the time it feels smooth.

6 Likes

Damn, that was badass! Great playing. Very nice. :metal::notes::guitar:

Incredible! 20 characters :metal:

PS: would be great to know more details about some of the techniques used. Even for just a couple of licks :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys. I’m not sure if I actually know the details of my licks myself, just ask me about any and I’ll try to break it down. I’ll refer to the youtube video with timestamps.

Maybe sequence at 1:20 might be interesting to you, a mix of legato and double escape picking. Whole thing in that position on the neck:
e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------14-------17
b-----------------------------------------------------------15----------17----------------15—
g---------------------------------14----------16-------------------14—14–16----16-------
d---------14--------16------------------14----14–16------16-------------------------------
a-----------------14—14–17-----17----------------------------------------------------------
e-14-17----17-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I play it UP, HammerOn, UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN. It’s still not super comfy yet, more of a work in progress kind of thing, I probably wouldn’t use it when improvising live.

Another one :).

It has a few mistakes but as a whole take it was good enough to keep it I think.

5 Likes

Only you can hear them :wink: Excellent as always!

Edit: I am a fellow volume pot hater :smiley:

2 Likes